Monday, January 13, 2014

Props and Final Dress Rehearsal!

That's right, today was our last rehearsal before the big performance! Woot! So we had all the kids put the final touches on their costumes, we reviewed the stories, and then went to the Kiva to practice!

Wow, there is SO MUCH SPACE in there! I'm used to working with a half of a classroom (if that) so this area was great!

I also introduced what props were to the kids and showed them some of the props we would be using. My sparkly branches were a hit!

Here are a few pictures from the Anansi dress rehearsal:




And here are a few great shots of The Twelve Dancing Princesses:


We've got a few kinks we need to work out before our performance on Wednesday, but overall I think today went very well! Our storyteller (she tells both stories) is so adorable and does a great job reading the stories for the actors to hear.

I think the costumes also turned out wonderfully and I can't wait to see what the parents say about them as well!

2 comments:

  1. They look darling in the costumes! Did you make them? Buy them? Looks like it will be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how brilliant you with the costumes! They were all so varied and yet they still allowed for so much individual input when they were being made!

    ReplyDelete